WOMEN were the central focus of an event at the Futurise Centre in Cyberjaya on March 20. Organised by Cyberview Sdn Bhd, the forum's programme consisted of a mini-exhibition, pocket talk sessions, and a panel discussion.
The speaker line-up consisted of businesswomen and leaders within the entrepreneurship ecosystem, with television personality Daphne Iking moderating the panel discussion. The speakers included:
- Munirah Abdul Hamid, founder and managing director of Neuramatix Sdn Bhd and a trailblazer within technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI) space;
- Christy Ng, founder of ChristyNg.com, a local shoe designing company which boasts a wide range of customer base from both the local and international front;
- Low Ngai Yuen, executive director of the Global Entrepreneurship Movement (GEM) as well as an activist and a champion of the arts;
- Amy Blair, founder and CEO of Batik Boutique, a social enterprise borne out of the desire to help mainly single or low-income mothers earn sustainable earnings through side-incomes;
- Hazel Abu Samah, executive director of marketing & communications at the Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC), the agency spearheading the national entrepreneurship agenda.