MaGIC Strategy team is looking for a Market Analyst to help expand and improve data on startups, social enterprise, corporates and investors for Malaysia and ASEAN region. As part of the data team on MaGIC’s central database platform, you will assist in maintaining the accuracy of information on startups and social enterprise ecosystems and continuously update our repository with the latest publicly available data. Additionally, analysing internal and external trends in the ecosystem including technology, supply and demand will be the key focus of the job.
● A degree/diploma in Design is preferred but not required
● Data driven and good in gathering, analysing and cleaning data in spreadsheets.
● Strong design sense and able to present and visualize complex data into easy to understand information in slides.
● Collaborative attitude with creativity mindset
● Passionate about startups, social enterprises and innovation.
● Good to have SQL knowledge.
● At least 4 – 6 years of work experience in related fields.
● This is a contract role for 6 months based in Cyberjaya.
● The job offers a high degree of autonomy and will also see you playing a leading role in the analysis of the dataset. As a market analyst you will:
● Monitor startup and social enterprise data completeness in the system and complement in improving accuracy with additional data points.
● Gather and maintain additional information from startups/social enterprise, corporates, government agencies, regulatory bodies and market trends related to technological advancement and commercialisation.
● Assist the Head of Unit in gathering and designing of ad hoc reports, research projects and data gathering activities.
● Present insights and reports in a form of slides to address gaps and mechanism for improvements.
● Collaborate with other teams in MaGIC to ensure that participating startups/social enterprises and founders in their team programs are mapped by the dataset.
MaGIC discovers and empowers technology startups and social innovators through creativity, innovation and technology adoption, and develops a vibrant and sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Malaysia. Since its inception in 2014, MaGIC has provided its community of start-ups, investors and ecosystem players with capacity building programmes, market & funding opportunities and regulatory assistance that impacted more than 100,000 aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs with overall value creation of RM1.9 billion. As an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), MaGIC facilitates, navigates and enables the ecosystem with the mission of strengthening Malaysia’s position as an emerging innovation nation.