The Partnership team is responsible to foster collaboration between the private sector, government agencies, industry associations, academia and startups to strengthen the entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem. The team promotes corporate innovation and entrepreneurship by connecting with startups. Programmes under our playbook include corporate hackathons, MaGIC Activate, business matching, Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) and Startups Key Account Management.
The Manager at Partnership will support the Senior Manager and Vice President build partnerships between startups and stakeholders such as Government-Linked Companies (GLCs), Public Limited Companies (PLCs) and Multinational Corporations (MNCs). In addition to corporates, partnership with Government Agencies, Industry Associations and Academia are also essential in building a holistic ecosystem. The individual will be responsible for developing the strategies to effectively engage the stakeholders and closing deals with the support of the Senior Manager. In addition, the Manager will be tasked to manage key startups accounts and projects from end-to-end by working with a team of executives.
● Minimum Degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Sciences
● Minimum 6 - 8 years of experience with 3 years in Management Consulting, Business Development Strategy
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
● Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function
● Ability to produce well designed professional looking PowerPoint presentations
● Engage and secure partnerships with startup ecosystem stakeholders to support startups
● Manage Partnership projects from end-to-end including planning, execution, monitoring and review
● Support Senior Manager in developing strategies on corporate innovation and key account management
● Responsible for stakeholder management with corporates, government agencies, industry associations, academia and startups
● Provide day-to-day support to the Partnership team
● Support in developing strategies and roadmaps for assigned industry verticals/clusters and engagement partners
● To drive lead-generation and business development with the aim of securing partnerships that ultimately lead to initiatives
● Project management and curating of initiatives until launch
● Monitor impact and outcomes of initiatives post-launch
● Assist the team in delivering KPI set by the Senior Manager.
MaGIC discovers and empowers technology startups and social innovators through creativity, innovation and technology adoption, and develops a vibrant and sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Malaysia. Since its inception in 2014, MaGIC has provided its community of start-ups, investors and ecosystem players with capacity building programmes, market & funding opportunities and regulatory assistance that impacted more than 100,000 aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs with overall value creation of RM1.9 billion. As an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), MaGIC facilitates, navigates and enables the ecosystem with the mission of strengthening Malaysia’s position as an emerging innovation nation.