The Manager of Planning & Performance Management is responsible for engaging and coordinating across functions and levels in the capacity of Business Planning and Performance Management within MaGIC and external stakeholders e.g. MOSTI, MOF and other ministries as and when required. This includes direction of the strategic planning process; review of strategic partnership; evaluating business opportunities; providing insight and direction in new market development; preparing strategic reports, recommendations, and presentations; and gathering market and competitive intelligence.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Information System, Finance and other relevant disciplines
● A minimum of 8 years of professional work experience in Strategic Planning and Performance Management
● Well versed with Strategic / Business Planning tools or methodology, e.g. Strategy Map.
● Experienced and in-depth understanding of the startup and social innovation ecosystem.
● Experienced in designing and executing Performance Management and Reporting framework.
● Experienced and skilled in Google Suite applications and MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint).
● Ability to work with recent technological applications relating to daily tasks.
● Exceptional relationship skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of any individual, irrespective of the background and personality.
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
● Independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
● Highly organised and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects and client engagements active at once.
● Comfortable with ambiguity with ability to navigate uncertainty.
● Style alignment with a strengths-oriented team environment and the ability to naturally elevate others.
● Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
● Strong leadership capability.
● Strategic Orientation – Generates a strategic plan that integrates numerous business issues, functions and resources for effective action. Identify potential strategic partners, alliances and relationships to expand core product lines or bring new product lines to the organisation.
● Communication – Develop, communicate & direct implementation & execution of business development growth strategies & processes to meet both market share & revenue goals. Communicate the Business Development strategy to CEO and Senior Management.
● Market Knowledge – Develop & grow business relationships in all market segments vital to the success of the Company. Able to anticipate, capitalize on and possibly drive changes in the market.
● Result Orientation – Liaise with members of staff to ensure top-level client experience in all cases of client interactions from follow up to delivery and needs assessment.
● Collaboration & Influence – Develop networks towards sourcing for new clients. Nurture broad networks of alliances with others to exchange knowledge and information about learning and change in support of change initiatives in the industry.
● People and Organization Development – Identify and develop resources relevant to business development and sales goals. Oversee the organisational effectiveness, management development, and leadership development of the organisation towards improving the core competency of the company.
MaGIC discovers and empowers technology startups and social innovators through creativity, innovation and technology adoption, and develops a vibrant and sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Malaysia. Since its inception in 2014, MaGIC has provided its community of start-ups, investors and ecosystem players with capacity building programmes, market & funding opportunities and regulatory assistance that impacted more than 100,000 aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs with overall value creation of RM1.9 billion. As an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), MaGIC facilitates, navigates and enables the ecosystem with the mission of strengthening Malaysia’s position as an emerging innovation nation.