The primary role is mainly to implement the right processes and practices, in the overall NTIS operations. This position plays a significant role in managing the overall operations of the National Technology Innovation Sandbox (NTIS) to effectively deliver MaGIC’s role as the lead Secretarial and able to coordinate and work with other MOSTI agencies in the rollout of NTIS.
● Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university with a minimum of 6 - 8 years of professional work experience in the Technology industry or related fields;
● Highly developed negotiating and influencing skills;
● Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
● Experienced with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word, specifically) and Google Office;
● Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude;
● Possesses good attention to detail;
● Ability to work independently and to undertake supervisory responsibilities as needed;
● Ability to coordinate a team that is agile and VUCA-proof.
● Positive disposition - respectful, kind and enjoys making life better for stakeholders and team members of all levels;
● Proactive, outcome-driven and keen to contribute ideas and solutions for arising issues and challenges;
● Solid understanding of Government interworking, both organisations and processes;
● Possess basic knowledge of the local startup ecosystem and previous startup experience (whether successful or unsuccessful) is a plus.
● Manage end-to-end NTIS operation, from application to approval stage;
● Monitor NTIS application processing to ensure it is executed efficiently and timely;
● Formulating operational strategy in improving team performance, managing both the operations process, embracing design, planning and control with regards to the processes;
● Maintain good documentation and records via the use of appropriate digital tools and resources;
● Perform analysis and recommends process improvements to better maximize business technology and provides project and operational status reports to senior leadership;
● Responsible for suggesting functionality improvements and enhancements to existing process and software;
● Collaborate with MaGIC teams to ensure cross-departmental collaboration and maximise synergistic benefits;
● Conducts resource planning, budgeting and project management functions.
MaGIC discovers and empowers technology startups and social innovators through creativity, innovation and technology adoption, and develops a vibrant and sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Malaysia. Since its inception in 2014, MaGIC has provided its community of start-ups, investors and ecosystem players with capacity building programmes, market & funding opportunities and regulatory assistance that impacted more than 100,000 aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs with overall value creation of RM1.9 billion. As an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), MaGIC facilitates, navigates and enables the ecosystem with the mission of strengthening Malaysia’s position as an emerging innovation nation.