The MOOC (Massive Online Open Courses) is an online lifelong learning programme comprising innovation and entrepreneurship courses and webinars aimed to develop the skills and mindset of aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs for building and growing a digital business/startup. The Executive reports to the Senior Vice President, Technology & Innovation and is responsible to support the operations of a dynamic and sustainable MOOC unit.
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
● Minimum 1 year of working experience in a relevant field.
● Has experience and a keen interest in working with data and the outcome derived from them.
● Has high focus and attention to details.
● Has a keen eye in identifying new tools and technologies to enhance work processes and efficiency in addition to the required fundamental skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
● Interest and flair for creative writing and social media skills and platforms is an added value.
● Is familiar with or has experience with using innovative tools such as the Business Model Canvas and/or Design Thinking in executing tasks and projects.
● Proactive, outcome-driven and keen to contribute ideas and solutions for arising issues and challenges.
● Able to work with minimum supervision and takes ownership of assigned tasks and projects.
● Respectful, kind and enjoys making life better for stakeholders and team members of all levels.
● Obsessed with growing the tech startup ecosystem starting with the littlest of things.
● To support in the administration and coordination of daily key activities of the MOOC unit for optimal output and outcome based on the metrics and OKRs set.
● To support in managing the unit’s financial records and tracking of the unit’s budget and its utilisation.
● To support in managing the programmes’ data and analyses for reporting.
● To assist in identifying the areas of improvement in the delivery of the online courses with regard to its infrastructure and processes.
● To support in coordinating a team that is agile and VUCA-proof.
● To support in the ideation and providing input for improving and scaling up the MOOC programmes and projects towards achieving organisational goals.
● To support in building the SOP for the MOOC unit to ensure that the online courses and projects are executed in compliance with MaGIC governance and guidelines.
MaGIC discovers and empowers technology startups and social innovators through creativity, innovation and technology adoption, and develops a vibrant and sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Malaysia. Since its inception in 2014, MaGIC has provided its community of start-ups, investors and ecosystem players with capacity building programmes, market & funding opportunities and regulatory assistance that impacted more than 100,000 aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs with overall value creation of RM1.9 billion. As an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), MaGIC facilitates, navigates and enables the ecosystem with the mission of strengthening Malaysia’s position as an emerging innovation nation.