One of the key roles in the new National Technology and Innovation Sandbox (NTIS), an important initiative by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), with MaGIC as the Lead Secretariat and supported by other agencies.
The primary role is to support the Program Manager in the areas of Operations and Legal.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field. MBA or equivalent is an added advantage.
• At least 6 - 8 years working experience.
• Proven experience in account management, business development, legal & governance and operations.
• High business acumen & strategic thinking skills.
• Strong customer & client focus.
• Proven communication and negotiation skills.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
• Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty well.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other related IT tools.
• Lead the management of the overall Secretariat which includes scheduling of the secretariat meetings, managing the content of the meetings and post meeting reports and follow ups.
• Build and maintain relationships with Secretariat members.
• Develop and maintain governance and compliance of Secretariat functions.
• Review and propose improvements to the Secretariat functions.
• Lead the management of applications; which includes application processing, application filtering and preparation of recommendations.
• Lead the recommendation for review and approvals.
• Lead the management of inquiries and complaints from applicants.
• Lead the account management of Sandbox participants.
• Lead the intervention initiatives of Sandbox participants.
• Track, monitor and report progress of Sandbox participants.
• Lead and coach team members.
• Other duties instructed by the management team.
MaGIC discovers and empowers technology startups and social innovators through creativity, innovation and technology adoption, and develops a vibrant and sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Malaysia. Since its inception in 2014, MaGIC has provided its community of start-ups, investors and ecosystem players with capacity building programmes, market & funding opportunities and regulatory assistance that impacted more than 100,000 aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs with overall value creation of RM1.9 billion. As an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), MaGIC facilitates, navigates and enables the ecosystem with the mission of strengthening Malaysia’s position as an emerging innovation nation.