Reporting to the Vice President - People, the Assistant Manager - People is responsible to design, develop, and implement an efficient, fair and transparent Performance Management System across the organisation and promote a performance-based culture across functions and divisions. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible to design a competency framework for MaGIC in coordination with functions and divisions. Support in managing the Compensation and Benefits programme including annual salary review, promotion, variable pay and benefits to achieve external competitiveness for both local and expatriate employees.
The person is also responsible to implement people management processes, work in the areas of training & development, coaching and evaluation; implement and manage performance management processes to support business goals. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible to support in designing a competency framework for MaGIC in coordination with functions and divisions.
● Tertiary education in Business Management, Human Resources or related.
● At least six (6) years of working experience as an HR Generalist
● Well versed with the current HR practices and Employment Act/ Industrial Relations Act and other employment statutory related requirements
● Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programmes.
● Knowledge of computerized information systems used in human resources applications.
● Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
● Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
● Ability to delegate authority and responsibility.
● Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
● Research, analyze and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques.
● Design Performance Management System based on leading practices with the aim to provide fair and transparent performance management across functions.
● Develop and update the annual appraisal process and guidelines and manage the appraisal process across functions.
● Handle the performance management cycle process from start to end and monitor timely and accurate completion of the appraisals (e.g. forms and templates, communications).
● Assist to determine the appropriate compensation philosophy and structure for the company using market trends and data, implements reward and recognition programmes including decisions on bonuses and increments
● Assists in monitoring the conduction of performance appraisal as per set schedules, provides technical guidance to appraisers, oversees proper documentation and timely decision making of related decisions
● Assists in managing the design and implementation of employee recruitment and selection programmes including outreach recruitment, development of recruitment materials, screening of applicants for qualifications, design and administration of job-related selection procedures and the conduct of background and reference checks.
● Coordinates the recruitment and placement of temporary agency employees through designated employment agencies including performing cost/benefit analysis of services provided by agencies
● Coordinates the schedule for recruitment and selection of personnel with department heads.
● Develops and improves long and short-term recruitment strategies to ensure that a diverse group of qualified candidates apply for MaGIC’s job openings.
● Actively participate in recruiting efforts as needed including attending job fairs, researching and evaluating job advertising options to ensure that resources are used in a cost-effective manner and are reaching a diverse pool of candidates.
● As the point of contact for facilitating the acquisition, retention and development of employee talent;
● Assists in recommending and implementing personnel policies, procedures and practices; reviews proposed legislation, administrative regulations, and personnel trends; recommend appropriate actions; and design procedures and forms for implementation.
● Maintains compliance with statutory requirements concerning employment.
● Initiate, develop and maintain vacancy reports and key metrics to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of recruiting strategies and programmes,
● Assist in preparing, updating and interpreting a variety of regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports. Reports may include lists of open and filled positions, the time elapsed between steps in the hiring process, employee turnover reports and statistics concerning the demography of applicant pools.
● Monitors the execution of well-planned induction programmes to enable the new employees to reach productivity levels faster
● Assists in identifying critical employee training needs across the Company, designs the annual training calendar, supervises its execution and monitors the effectiveness of the training.
MaGIC discovers and empowers technology startups and social innovators through creativity, innovation and technology adoption, and develops a vibrant and sustainable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Malaysia. Since its inception in 2014, MaGIC has provided its community of start-ups, investors and ecosystem players with capacity building programmes, market & funding opportunities and regulatory assistance that impacted more than 100,000 aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs with overall value creation of RM1.9 billion. As an agency under the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), MaGIC facilitates, navigates and enables the ecosystem with the mission of strengthening Malaysia’s position as an emerging innovation nation.