Startup Campus ID Activation Contest Terms & Conditions
This Startup Campus ID Activation contest (“Contest”) is organized and sponsored by Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre Berhad (“Organizer”). The Contest is governed by these terms and conditions, including any subsequent amendments thereto (“Term & Conditions”).
From 3 November 2021 until 15 December 2021
- The Organizer reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period without providing prior notice.
- All entries received before or after the Contest Period shall be automatically disqualified.
- This Contest is open to all Malaysian citizens who:
i. are above 18 years of age (as of 3rd November 2021);
ii. are residents or permanent residents of Malaysia;
iii. have a valid Malaysian identification card (MyKad);
- The following group of persons shall not be eligible to participate in this Contest
i. Employees of the Organizer and their immediate family members; and/or,
ii. Distributors, dealers, advertising, and promotion agencies of the Organizer or its related companies.
- Organizer reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any participant and to disqualify any participant who does not meet the eligibility criteria, at any time.
- Participant must register a Startup Campus account via the MaGIC Website. Users needed to complete the registration process which includes, enter basic information, complete e-KYC process by verifying their Malaysian identification card.
- Participant must successfully complete the two (2) Quests (https://central.mymagic.my/campus/frontend/quests/sort/latest/page/1) from MaGIC within the Contest Period:
- Participant must successfully redeem any two (2) Perks (https://central.mymagic.my/campus/frontend/perks/sort/latest/page/1) within the Contest Period.
Entry Ticket Mechanics
- The above activity will be used to determine the eligibility of the Participant to participate in the Startup Campus ID Activation contest.
- Winners will be determined through lucky draw, either by hand or by other means and methods (which may be manual or computerized) as the Organizer may determine in its sole and absolute discretion from the total number of qualified entries.
- The selected winners will be contacted via email which the participant uses to activate their Startup Campus ID and will be required to go through identity verification before being declared as a winner.
- Should the first attempt of contact fail, another two (2) attempts will be made within the next twenty-four (24) hours from the first email contact. Where such further attempts are unsuccessful, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify the selected winner and thereafter proceed with a selection of another winner from the qualified participants. The Organizer will not be held liable in the event where the Organizer is unable to reach the selected winners.
- In the event where the selected winner does not meet the Contest requirement or verification, the selected winner will be disqualified, and the Organizer reserves the right to proceed with a selection of another winner as a replacement.
- The selected winner is required to produce a valid Malaysian Identity Card (MyKad) as a proof for identity verification upon prize redemption.
Startup Campus ID Activation Contest Prize
- Each selected winner will only be eligible for one (1) prize for each entry category throughout the Contest Period.
- The Organizer reserves the absolute right to substitute any prize for other prizes without prior notice, at its absolute discretion.
- No cash alternative to any prizes in this Contest will be offered. The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-redeemable and non-exchangeable for cash, including color options.
- Prizes will only be able to be collected / sent out after the end of the Contest Period.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The Contest and all information published and related to it (including text, graphics, symbols, icons, software, and trademarks) are protected by copyright and trademark remain the sole property of the Organizer.
- The winners agree to grant the Organizer a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs, voice, biographical information and/or statements, at any time or times, in all media types worldwide for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes and the winners will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Disclaimer and Indemnity
- The Organizer makes no representation or warranty whatsoever pertaining to:
i. the continuous, uninterrupted and error-free operation of the Contest;
ii. the accuracy of information and statements in the Contest page;
iii. the security and freedom from any computer viruses or other harmful properties.
- The participants understand and agree that their participation in the Contest is at their own risk and the Organizer is not liable to any person whether in tort, contract, statute or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages or costs in connection with their participation in the Contest.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any default in respect of the Contest due to any act of God, war, riot, strike, lockout, industrial action, fire, flood, storm, technical or system failures or any event beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer.
- These Terms and Conditions herein shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and the Courts of Malaysia shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make any amendment to the Terms and Conditions of the Contest herein without prior notice.
- By participating in this Contest, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other instructions, terms and conditions that the Organizer may issue from time to time. The participants consent to their personal data being used by the Organizer for all purposes related to the Contest.
- The Organizer reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the Contest and to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time for whatever reason and without giving prior notice to the participants. The decision of the Organizer on all matters relating to this Contest is final, and no correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
- In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between the Terms and Conditions and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the promotion of this Contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.